Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
|University||University of Western Australia|
AIDS, cancer, SARS, avian flu – these are some of the diseases that plague mankind today. Just imagine if you could contribute in the area of inventing new ways to treat these modern-day ills. Or imagine if you had an in-built immune system which enables you to fight the onslaught of a virus attack. This kind of knowledge is fundamental in the study of biomedical science.
New approaches to preventing, diagnosing and treating disease are increasingly dependent on an understanding of how the body functions at the molecular, cellular, organismic and whole-body level. This detailed knowledge underpins strategies for gene and cell therapy, organ transplantation, and intervention by modulating cell function using recombinant products to detect and treat cancer, genetic and infectious diseases.
The Biomedical Science degree provides a balanced range of science subjects that are making a significant contribution to modern medicine. The course is designed for students who seek a career in the biomedical or medical fields other than as a practicing physician.
|Course Content||Biological Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Biological Organic Chemistry, Calculus B, Human Biology, Molecular Biology of the Cell, Statistics A, Biochemical Regulation of Cell Function, Biochemistry of the Cell, Biological and Medicinal Chemistry, General and Applied Microbiology, Introductory Immunology, Introductory Microbiology, Molecular Genetics, Physiology of Human Body Systems, Principles of Genetics, Infection and Immunity, Molecular and Structural Biochemistry, Molecular Genetics and Genomics.|
Can be completed within a minimum period of 4 years or shorter with exemption.|
• GCE ‘A’ Level and STPM (calculated over 2 or more subjects = 8 points for BSc (Sport Science) and 9 points for all other UWA BSc science programmes)
(A = 5, B = 4, C = 3, D = 2, E = 1); or
• PSB Life Sciences Foundation with an average ‘C’ grade, with a grade no lower than ‘D’ in any of the units.
• C6 or better for GCE ‘O’ Level; or
• 570 (paper-based total) and 230 (computer-based total) in TOEFL with Essay Rating/TWE of 4.5 or Internet-based Test (iBT): An overall score of 90 with a minimum score of 22 in the Writing section and no less than 20 in the other sections; or
• 6.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.0; or
• ‘C’ grade for the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
— GCE ‘A’ Level Mathematics or equivalent is also a pre-requisite for entry to the Science courses. Advanced standing may be granted for relevant polytechnic diploma holders subjected to the University’s assessment.
|Intakes||March, September every year|
|Course Fee||Total course fee: S$37,236.00; Per module (6 credit points): S$1,551.50; Per module (12 credit points): S$3,103.00. All fees inclusive of 7% GST but excludes textbooks.|
|学习时间||共 36 个月|
|学年学费||36 个月 – 学费为新加坡币 $42372 元|